I orgiginally posted this as a comment in another community, but I thought it was worth sharing here too since I hardly blog. I've expanded a bit to make it more spoilery... You have been warned.
I remember, about two years ago, I posted every day; if not on lj, then on myspace or some other blog service. Now, I can hardly be $#@! to even get on myspace, so I have to ask myself, "What has changed?" If I'm honest, I have to admit a lot of it is me. Fifty percent of my problem is I'm too lazy to take the time and energy that is needed to do those things; and fifty percent of the problem is that I know I should be doing something else more productive to my future. I've spent months trying to pull my future together and tie up loose ends.
Here is a short list:
GloriaHistorian-To reflect not only me, but my chosen profession.
GloBaby-A nickname that many of my friends use for me even though some have never met each other. They just randomly called me by the same nickname.
TempestRage- Part of a lyric to one of my favorite song.
AmbrosineIgnigius-The names of two of my characters.
HistoryLover2013-The first part speaks for itself. The numbers represent the date I will graduate with my PhD, If I am accepted into the Graduate Program.
( Collapse )
Anyway...Just had to get that off my chest....
Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday dear Kat...
Happy Birthday to you...!!
I hope you get everything you need and want for your birthday.
I don't know who you find hot these days...I guess that's proof we should meet up for a chat sometime soon. :O) ...but here is a little bit of pretty from the olden days...
Hopefully, we will get to see the bestest companion ever before D.T.'s curtain call.
* I'm so busy today. I considered postponing my resolution post; but then I remembered one of my resolutions is to stop procrastinating, so here I am... I really do feel positive about the coming year. I think it's going to be my year. "The year everything changes." ;o)
My resolutions in no particular order:
1) Read one new book a month. My book shelves are practically overflowing with unread books. I borrowed a book from Marcus at our write-in that I'm dying to read. (More on the write-in on another day.)
2) Finish writing the first draft of my novel, find an editor, do my second draft and then get an agent.
3) To exercise more. The standard new year resolution is to lose weight, and certainly I should do that; but I'm more interested in exercising and gaining more energy so I can do all the things I want to do.
4) Volunteer Work- I went on-line and found a website devoted to matching people up with volunteer organizations. I found a great one where I can be a pen pal to a fifth grader. I just have to pay the $6 dollars for a background check. Naturally, they have to make sure the kids are safe.
5) No More Procrastination-When I was younger, I never procrastinated. I wanted something. I didn't wait. I did what I had to do to get it--nothing evil. I just worked the problem single-mindedly until I got the desired result.
I have several more private goals. Although I'll not mention them here, I'll definitely post my success or failure next year.
** I hope everyone has a lovely New Year and even if you like to shun resolutions, I hope you make at least a few goals this year. :) I'll leave you with a quote that a friend of mine sent to me.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."
I'm glad the New year has finally arrived. Allons y guys.